Global Insights Report 2021: Driving Media Quality & Performance Worldwide
Some key takeaways from the webinar include:
- Although EMEA’s overall brand suitability trend was consistent YOY, we saw countries within the region with large fluctuations. As markets in the region begin to grow in their understanding and adoption of brand safety and suitability tools, especially pre-bid programmatic protection, we will continue to see their violation rates align with the levels seen in more mature markets, such as the UK and Italy.
- While the post-bid fraud/SIVT violation rate decreased 19% year-over-year, EMEA has the highest fraud/SIVT rate globally. It’s important for brands to understand that preventing fraud/SIVT pre-bid will help continue to drive post-bid fraud/SIVT violation rates down.
- Video viewability actually decreased 3% in EMEA, which makes EMEA an outlier in a year where every other region realized improvements. Viewability standards have been growing, especially with video. Brands need to ensure viewability metrics are part of their approach to campaign optimization.
- In the post-cookie world, context is back – it is privacy-friendly and it works. Our recent research shows users are receptive to ads that are relevant to the content they’re viewing, with a significant percentage stating that they’ve actually tried a new brand product as a result of seeing a contextually relevant promotion.
Since 2015, DV’s Global Insights Report (GIR) has provided advertisers with in-depth market-by-market analysis from North America, LATAM, EMEA and APAC to help inform digital advertising strategies. This webinar will review findings from DV’s 2021 GIR and feature speakers from GroupM and IAB Europe to discuss how they’re able to leverage insights and metrics from the report to inform their digital advertising campaigns.
The webinar will uncover the state of brand suitability, fraud, viewability and performance from more than a trillion impressions in 80 markets across more than 2,100 brands. We’ll also highlight significant global trends and regional findings on key metrics and engage our panel in a robust discussion on significant learnings advertisers can act upon to drive media quality and performance.
2021 global findings include:
- 104% increase in mobile web impression volume
- 87% increase in CTV impression volume
- Overall fraud is down 30%, but fraudsters are finding crafty ways to target mobile app video and CTV
- 49% decrease in brand suitability violation rate for advertisers who have adopted DV Video Filtering
- Quality on programmatic buys now matches that of publisher buys
Reach out to Events@DoubleVerify.com to connect with us.